The purpose of this Technologies Handbook is to make it as easy as possible for you to get to grips with the key technologies we will be using on the programme, and to point you in the direction of sources of help should you need them. Given the pace of technological change, this handbook is updated regularly, however if you find a broken link or if the information provided does not help you with the problem, please let us know.
We hope you will find this guide accessible and helpful. You will need it to set up access to your courses, and should aim to read it through before you begin your work on the programme.
Best of luck and, again, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any problems or suggestions.
For Course Website: email@example.com
For Other Issues (e.g. email, Learn, MyEd, etc.) Contact the HelpDesk at:
· Self Service Portal (preferred): https://ed.unidesk.ac.uk/tas/public/
· Email: IS.Helpline@ed.ac.uk
· Phone: +44 (0)131 651 5151
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/isalerts
Web Links to Programme Resources
There are various websites that are used often during this course. All of the necessary websites are listed on the home page of the course website (www.climate.ed.ac.uk) once logged in. You may find it helpful to bookmark some or all of these for easy access in the future.
- Your Digital Footprint
- Hardware and Operating Systems
- Your Internet Connection and Browser Check
- Registering with EASE
- Accessing MyEd
- Student E-Mail
- Blackboard Learn
- Course Website
- University of Edinburgh Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Campus Wireless Connection
- Using Library Resources
- Blackboard Collaborate (tutorials and recordings)
- Office 365 OneDrive
- The Blog
- Video Presentations
- University of Edinburgh Computer Labs